My status

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The results, please....

Good News - the upper GI endoscopy was completely normal.
Bad News - don't know what is causing the abdominal issues/pain.
Really Bad News - test to determine scheduled for 3/25 will be a colonoscopy.

Feeling?

A little humor about my colonoscopy:
“Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!!!"

I am OK about it. As more of my tests come and go, including ultrasounds, abdominal CT X-rays, blood work, GI endoscopy work....at least I am getting the picture of what is "good & healthy" about me, so I think that is the bright light on all of this.

We shall see what the future brings...
Ahhhhhh....

1 comment:

healingsoul said...

Hope you feel better. I want you to realize the abuse/trauma can cause real somatic (body memory type) pain. It does mean it is all in your head...the pain in really happening...it just can be caused by post traumatic stress syndrome. Therapy with EMDR/Brainspotting can be very helpful and can ease pain and store health if too much physical damage has not already occurred. By going to therapy last week I know exactly what is causing my digestive pain. I am still taking acid reducing medication and having to eat a braty diet of bananas, rice, applesauce, toast and yogurt, but I also know that I am dealing with what is causing the physical situation so that it can stop.

Just thought I would share my experience.