My status

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The "Whizard" Enters --- 2011

Happy New Year!

I spent some time today cleaning my antique work bench and re-organizing all of my tools. I decided to pull my first victim for 2011 off of the floor and onto the magical stage of amateur restoration! This is a 1921 GE WHIZ 10" Table Fan.

I have decided to follow this restoration through a multitude of steps rather than simply "before and after" --- In case, any of you thought good ole' Rumpelstiltskin was being hired to run the ole' polishing machine after midnight or anything. :)

STATE 1: ORIGINAL & UNTOUCHED
Here is the solemn state (Notice the morgue-like coldness of the non-working fan)



STATE 2: (BEFORE IN COLOR)


STATE 3: (IN PROGRESS - CAGE & BADGE POLISHED - BRASS BLADES RESTORED & POLISHED)



I will keep updating to show my progress. It is still amateur work for now, but I really do enjoy bringing beauty back to life. It is an amazing passion to see something old transformed back into its former glory by your own hands.



Cheers!

No comments: