My status

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hobby #8 - Handy Andy (Amateur DIY Work)

Columbus Day Project.

Hobby #8 - Amateur DIY'er.

I don't proclaim to be the next "Ty", but I do enjoy working on handy construction projects. This is a project that I started on my 1/2 day off yesterday and finished today. (with the exception of grouting, sealing and polishing the slate) --- It was a good project overall and I bought my own wetsaw out of the deal with a 1/2 price on a Ridgid unit from HomeDepot. Multicolor slate is a difficult material to work with since it is a natural and non-uniform stone (pieces range from 1/4" to 1/2" in width between the same box, much less the whole pallet. Add a few copper accent tiles and a mosiac border and 4" slate tiles around the 2 sides. Not a bad job overall, not truly perfect...but it is just a hobby ---

I enjoy DIY work...enjoy learning and doing.
:)

Before:
 


After:

 
Posted by Picasa


Here is some additional pics of my DIY work done after Katrina:

Slate and Wood Floors:



My good friend - Choppy!



New Cabinet Installation and floors:





Enjoy DIY work, enjoy learning and doing.

No comments: